Edenton woman killed in accidental overnight house fire

EDENTON, N.C. (WAVY) — Edenton Police say a woman died in an overnight house fire.

The Edenton Fire Department responded to the home at 104 Valentine Avenue just before 12:45 a.m. Friday and found the home engulfed in flames.

Chief Jay Fortenbery with the Edenton Police Department says a mother and daughter were inside the home when the fire broke out. The daughter, 29-year-old Autrice Heckstall, did not survive. Her mother was able to make it out of the burning home.

Fire officials say the fire started on the stove and the fire has been ruled accidental. No foul play is suspected.

WNCT-TV 9 On Your Side provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s