GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – The wait is over: Lidl’s first North Carolina stores opened Thursday morning.
Its first eastern North Carolina stores opened in Kinston, Greenville, and Rocky Mount. The grocer also opened two more stores in Sanford and Winston-Salem. Ribbon cuttings at 7:40 a.m. kicked off a four-day grand opening.
The five NC stores are among nine total Lidl U.S. opened the same day.
“We are extremely excited to open our first five stores in North Carolina on June 15,” said Brendan Proctor, President and CEO of Lidl US. “Lidl is grocery shopping retooled and refreshed, and we are looking forward to opening our doors in communities across the state in a few short weeks. At Lidl, we are committed to delivering our customers less complexity, lower prices, better choices, and
greater confidence every single day.”
As part of the grand opening celebrations, customers at each store are able to take advantage of special, limited-time grand opening deals and offers. In fact, the first 100 customers that arrived at each NC store received a wooden coin for a chance to win up to $100 in Lidl gift cards. Shoppers were also able to sample an array of Lidl’s products and received a complimentary Lidl reusable bag. The fun continues throughout Grand Opening weekend with games, activities, prizes and more.
Lidl’s NC locations are:
- Kinston, NC 4050 W Vernon Ave
- Greenville, NC 1800 East Fire Tower Rd
- Sanford, NC 3209 NC 87 South
- Rocky Mount, NC 940 N Wesleyan Blvd
- Winston-Salem, NC 3315 Sides Branch Rd
Some highlights of Lidl include: will offer a simple and efficient approach to grocery shopping, which will mean huge savings for Lidl
- A manageable, easy-to-shop layout of 20,000 square feet with only six aisles.
- Top-quality breads and pastries, which are baked fresh throughout the day.
- All fresh and frozen seafood in Lidl’s everyday assortment will be certified sustainable by either the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP), or the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC). Lidl’s high-quality private label products will not have certified synthetic colors, added MSG or partially hydrogenated oils (PHOs) containing trans fats.
- Lidl carries a variety of organic and gluten-free items including organic fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy, and packaged food items.
- Nearly 90 percent of the groceries available at Lidl will be exclusive brand products.
- Lidl offers an ever-changing selection of non-food products each week that will be in stores for a limited time; fitness gear, small kitchen appliances, toys, and outdoor furniture, among other non-food items.
Lidl will be open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Sunday.