Temporary restraining order granted to stop demolition of former Vidant Pungo Hospital

Vidant-Pungo

BELHAVEN, N.C. (WNCT) – A temporary restraining order is now in effect that will stop the demolition of what was once the Vidant Pungo Hospital.

It closed in 2014.

Belhaven Mayor Adam O’Neal said Judge Cy Grant granted the temporary restraining order on Monday. It’s in effect for the next ten days unless it’s extended.

Just last week, the managers of Pantego Creek, LLC rejected an offer from the Town of Belhaven to purchase the hospital. The property the facility sits on is said to be worth more money than the hospital itself. Asbestos removal is currently underway at the site.

 

 

WNCT-TV 9 On Your Side provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s