New case of overheating iPhones now reported

overheating-iphone

HOUSTON, T.X. (WNCT) – A Texas father is now warning other Apple iPhone users after he said his daughter’s phone overheated and burnt her.

Randy Veazey said the iPhone 6-plus was in his daughter’s pocket when it began to overheat.

“Smoke was billowing out. It smelled really bad,” he said.

This isn’t the first report of a problem like this. In October, a New Jersey college student’s iPhone 6-plus exploded in his back pocket.

This comes at a bad time for Apple, who was looking to take advantage of Samsung’s misfortunes for similar problems.

In September, federal safety regulators had to recall one million Samsung Galaxy Note 7 after users reported the device caught on fire while charging.

Veazey said he is now done buying phones from both companies.

“I mean, she could have been asleep, you know — you know how kids are, they could be asleep with the phone in the bed,” he said. “Even worse, it could have been laying down when it did this and everyone asleep and it could have caught something on fire.”

WNCT-TV 9 On Your Side provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s