RICHLANDS, N.C. (WNCT) – A man in the Richlands area was arrested after Onslow County deputies said they found 420 bags of heroin, along with other paraphernalia, in his vehicle.
Detectives said they received numerous complaints James Pellak was making and distributing heroin in the Richlands area and after investigation determined he was buying large amounts of heroin and selling it throughout Onslow County.
The Drug Enforcement Unit conducted an undercover operation and Wednesday Pellak was arrested and taken into custody without incident on the following charges:
- Felony Trafficking Heroin
- Felony Trafficking Heroin by Re-Packaging
- Felony Trafficking Heroin by Manufacturing
- Felony Manufacture Schedule I Controlled Substance
- Felony Maintaining a Vehicle for Controlled Substance
- Felony Possession with Intent to Manufacture/Sell/Deliver Heroin
- Misdemeanor Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Pellak is being held at the Onslow County Detention Center in lieu of $1.05 million bail.