GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – Police have arrested a second man in a shooting that took place in Greenville Monday afternoon.
Officers said Malcolm and George Wesley Tyson planned to and attempted to kill Jerry Cooper near 4th and Latham Street around 2:15 p.m.
Officers took Cooper to Vidant Medical Center for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Malcolm Tyson was arrested Sunday and charged with:
- Attempted first-degree murder (felony)
- Felony conspiracy (felony)
- Assault with a deadly weapon (felony)
- Felony possession of cocaine (felony)
- Maintaining a vehicle/dwelling/place for a controlled substance (felony)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia (misdemeanor)
- Assault on a female (misdemeanor)
Tyson is being held in lieu of $1,000,000 bail.
Officers had also arrested 31-year-old George Wesley Tyson III in connection to the shooting.
Tyson was charged with attempted first-degree murder, felony Conspiracy, AWDWIKISI, robbery With A Dangerous Weapon, and possession of firearm By felon. He’s jailed under a $1,500,000 bond.