This week has been designated Hurricane Preparedness Week by the National Hurricane Center.
9 On Your Side and First Alert Weather is joining the National Hurricane Center in wanting you to be prepared for the hurricane season.
As hurricane season starts June 1st, The National Hurricane Center has dedicated this week, May 15th – 21st, as Hurricane Awareness Week.
The National Hurricane Center wishes to focus on several topics ranging from hurricane basics to knowing your risk of what type of hazardous weather will impact where you live and work to how you can be involved in preparing and helping others prepare in the event of severe weather. Below are some resources to help you with your severe weather planning and safety education.
- FEMA’s severe weather preparedness page: http://ready.gov/severe-weather
- Be Informed: http://www.ready.gov/be-informed
- Make a Plan: http://www.ready.gov/make-a-plan
- Build a Kit: http://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit
- Get Involved: http://www.ready.gov/get-involved
- Ready North Carolina: http://readync.org
- NOAA Weather Radio: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/
- Wireless Emergency Alerts: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/com/weatherreadynation/wea.html
- Weather-Ready Nation
- National Hurricane Center: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/prepare