JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – A joint operation between deputies with the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office and officers with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) led to the arrest of a man on several drug charges.
22-year-old Joshua Alexander Morton of Jacksonville was arrested on Wednesday after members of the Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit and NCIS executed a search warrant at his residence. That’s where they found heroin, marijuana, and various prescription pills.
He’s charged with the following:
- 2 Counts Possession with Intent to Manufacture/Sell/Deliver Heroin
- 2 Counts Maintaining a Dwelling
- 2 Counts Sell Heroin
- Possession of Schedule I (Heroin)
- Possession with Intent to Manufacture/Sell/Deliver Marijuana
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Mortonw was place in the Onslow County Jail under a $22,500 secured bond.