Small fire reported at Greenville’s University Commons Chick-fil-A

GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – Fire crews responded to a small fire at a Greenville Chick-fil-A on Wednesday.

A WNCT-TV staff member captured video of the fire at the location on Evans Street at the University Commons shopping center around 12:30 p.m.

A cigarette was thrown down into the mulch area and caused damage to the building’s facade, which was minor. The fire was put out with water from one of the employees.

The smell of smoke remained inside the building for a brief period.

The restaurant remained open for business as usual.

IMG_0722

WNCT-TV 9 On Your Side provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s