Man recovering after propane tank explosion

NEW BERN, N.C. (WNCT) — A man is recovering after a propane tank exploded while he was changing it Friday night. Township 6 Fire Chief Larry Curtis says the fire started on 155 Redwood Lane around 5:30 p.m. The home quickly caught fire, totaling the house. Luckily, the residents were able to recover many items from inside.

The man that was changing the tank was taken to the hospital with what Curtis describes as “an extreme sunburn.” He was released late Friday night. Curtis says the tank likely malfunctioned which sparked the fire.

Township 6, Township 7, and the City of Havelock Fire Rescue crews responded to the scene. Firefighters worked in the freezing rain and wind for hours to get the fire under control.

  

WNCT-TV 9 On Your Side provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s