Stella man in fair condition after Wednesday fire

STELLA, N.C. (WNCT) – A man was airlifted to the hospital after being burned in a Carteret County fire.

According to County Fire Marshal Eddie Lewis, the fire happened on Wetherington Landing Road in Stella on Wednesday.

67-year-old Roger Vandiford was cooking outside when he backed his golf cart over the gas tank, sparking a fire. He was flown to Vidant Medical Center for treatment. Right now, he’s listed in fair condition.

Vandiford’s home and two neighboring homes are a total loss.

WNCT-TV 9 On Your Side provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s