No injuries after fire at Greenville’s Main Street Chicken and BBQ

GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – There are no injuries after a kitchen fire at a Greenville eatery.

Firefighters got the call about a fire at Main Street Chicken and BBQ around 1 p.m. Monday.

The fire, which started in the kitchen inside a commercial smoker, caused heavy smoke, but no structural damage. However, the smoke was so dense, firefighters had to remove smoke from a nearby Hwy 55 restaurant and Uniforms Galore.

Firefighters said sprinklers kept the fire under control until they could put it out.

About 21 firefighters responded to the incident.

WNCT-TV 9 On Your Side provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s