Resident burned trying to put out Thursday house fire

HAVELOCK, N.C. (WNCT) – A man was burned early Thursday morning while trying to put out a kitchen fire in Havelock.

Havelock Fire and Rescue Chief Rick Zaccardelli says the fire happened shortly after midnight at a duplex in the 200 block of Forest Hill Drive.

The fire started in the kitchen and quickly spread to other parts of the duplex.

The man living in the home was burned as it spread. He was transported to the hospital. As of Friday morning, his condition is not known.

Chief Zaccardelli says a pressurized cylinder burst, causing a loud boom in the neighborhood.

Due to fire, water and smoke damage, the duplex is a total loss.

The family living in the other size of the duplex is also displaced.

Chief Zaccardelli says the department is still investigating the fire and what was pressurized in the cylinder causing it to burst.

WNCT-TV 9 On Your Side provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s