Charlotte mall evacuated for possible carbon monoxide

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — A shopping mall in Charlotte was evacuated and four people were taken to hospitals because of possible monoxide poisoning.

The Charlotte Fire Department said firefighters were called to SouthPark Mall around 9 p.m. Thursday because of hazardous conditions.

Capt. Jackie Gilmore said on the department’s Twitter account that firefighters were monitoring carbon monoxide levels.

Forty firefighters responded. There was no immediate indication of what caused the problem.

Officials have not released the names or condition of the people taken to the hospital.

No other details were immediately available Friday morning. A fire department spokesman did not immediately return a call seeking more details.

Comments are closed.