Judge rejects request for new prosecutor in Hustle Mart case

GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – The trial for a man accused of murdering three people at a Hustle Mart will go on as scheduled after a judge ruled in the district attorney’s favor.

Antwan Anthony is one of four men charged with murder, facing the death penalty after three people were killed in Farmville in 2012.

Last week, Anthony asked that District Attorney Kimberly Robb be removed from his case, saying she had a personal interest in the outcome.

Friday, a judge said Robb could move forward as the prosecutor.

The defense says it plans to call Robb to the stand to testify during the hearings. Robb’s family, along with Sheriff Neil Elks and his wife Connie, were threatened by the suspects in the case after their arrests.

A family member of the victims says he wants the case to move forward when scheduled because his family has waited long enough for justice.

Anthony is scheduled to be in court September 28 to face the murder charges.

The defense has not said if they plan to appeal or file additional motions for a change of venue.

WNCT-TV 9 On Your Side provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s