Too much “bleach” in swimming pool sends children to hospital at water park

ELIZABETHTOWN, N.C. (WNCT) – More than 20 children were rushed to the hospital Thursday afternoon after too much “pool bleach sanitizer” pumped into a pool at White Lake Water Park.
Park owner Ted Huck says an employee shut down one of the pumps in a new wave pool but did not turn the chlorine system off.
It wasn’t until later that Park officials discovered it was not chlorine but instead “pool bleach sanitizer.”
The children affected were experiencing nausea and vomiting.

WNCT-TV 9 On Your Side provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s