The NC Highway Patrol reports 10 died from car accidents over the Fourth of July weekend.
Troopers say these numbers are based on preliminary reports submitted to Highway Patrol from 6p.m. on July 3rd through 11:59p.m. on July 5th.
Here is a list of the locations of those fatal collisions:
- On NC 4 north from Panecea Rd (5 miles south of Littleton – Halifax County)
- On I-840 (8 miles north of Greensboro – Guilford County)
- On US 264 south from John Lewis Rd (7 miles northeast of Walstonburg – Greene County)
- On Harrison Crossroads Loop Rd north from Zena Drive (6 miles north of Reidsville – Rockingham County)
- On Pittman Grove Church Road near Monroe Rd (10 miles north of Raeford – Hoke County)
- On US 321 north from Cloninger Rd (3 miles north of Dallas – Gaston County)
- On NC 14 north from Quail Loop (9 miles north of Reidsville – Rockingham County)
- On US 13 north from Eure Baptist Church Rd (9 miles west of Gatesville – Gates County)
- On NC 53 west from New Savannah Rd (6 miles west of Burgaw – Pender County)
- On NC 242 east of Hinson Rd (6 miles west of Newton Grove – Sampson County)
The number of fatal accidents during the holiday weekend is up slightly from last year. Troopers reported seven fatalities and 257 injuries in 2014.