The town of Atlantic Beach will bring back its paid public parking program by adding pay stations during the summer season.
Paid parking will run from May 16 through Labor Day and will cost people from $1 to $10.
The funds will go to a 7-day-a-week lifeguard program the town implemented after the county backed out of funding it. The money will also go to the operation and maintenance of three public beach bathrooms and family events.
The town reported it received over $100,000 in 2014 from over 13,00 cars.
Schedule and Rates:
• Paid parking program runs from May 16, 2015 through Labor Day
• Daily from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Pay Stations: $1/hour paid parking using parking stations, accepting credit cards/debit cards only
• Gravel lot across from Pavilion lot: Paid parking on holidays and weekends; $10/day or $5 after 2:00 pm
• Any cars in paid lots or parking spaces at beginning of parking day hours will be ticketed if not paid
• No refunds for rain-outs
• Free parking with valid Handicap or Disabled Veteran tag/plates
Paid Parking Areas:
New Bern Avenue Beach Access, West Boardwalk CAMA Lot,
Boardwalk Pavilion Lot, Inner Circle Gravel Lot, marked spaces along
West Drive, Atlantic Blvd., and East Drive.
Atlantic Beach Property Owners: Free Parking with display of a
Town Hurricane Re-Entry Pass on dashboard.
Atlantic Beach Renters: 1 free season pass with proof of Atlantic
Beach residence (utility/CATV bill, or NCDL) may be obtained from
Town Hall during normal business hours. Sticker must be adhered to
Non-Resident Season Pass: $50 each; pass may be purchased at Town
Hall during normal business hours and must be adhered to windshield.